By Joaquin Fernandez and Colin Gunn
Edited by Chuck Laverdiere
Available October, 2012 $14.95 (Pre-Order Now!)
* This book is signed by the co-author Colin Gunn
* If you wish a personal inscription please add a note in the cart when you purchase the book or send us a message through the Contact page.
About the book:
Why a growing number of parents choose not to send their children to public school.
The companion book to the award-winning documentary “IndoctrinNation”, this eye-opening book includes:
- An unforgettable introduction by a father who lost his son in the Columbine school massacre – “I put him in a pagan school where they teach there is no God.”
- 12 common reasons people give not to homeschool – and the manageable reality of this educational alternative
- Revealing, firsthand accounts of Christian educators working in public schools – sharing the struggles they face in a hostile system
- The classroom anti-Christian ideologies from humanism, marxism, utopianism, educational psychology, and more confronting students in public schools today
Look behind the comfortable myths of an educational system actively at work to alter your child’s moral values, worldview, and religious beliefs. Learn the history and philosophy of public school education – and discover it is based on neither Christian nor American values. Explore the biblical principles regarding education – and who is ultimately responsible for our children’s future.
List of Contributors:
R.C.Sproul Jr., Ken Ham, Doug Phillips, Voddie Baucham Jr., Howard Phillps, John Eidsmoe, E. Ray Moore, Kevin Swanson, Israel Wayne, Scott Brown, Mike Metarko, Sarah LaVerdiere, Richard A. Jones, Brian Rohrbough, Joaquin Fernandez, Colin Gunn, Charles LaVerdiere, Bruce Shortt, David and Kim d'Escoto, Erwin Lutzer, John Taylor Gatto, Geoff Botkin, Samuel Blumenfeld, Roger Schultz, Neal McCluskey, Karl Priest, R.C. Murray, and Robert Ziegler
Publisher: Master Books (Available October 26, 2012)
Introduction: Heavenly or Earthly Treasures — Brian Rohrbough
1. America’s Trojan Horse: Public Education — Michael J. Metarko
2. Drugging Them Up — Bruce Shortt
3. Dumbing Them Down — R.C. Murray
4. Discipline Discipleship — Sarah LaVerdiere
5. On Trial for Christ: A Teacher’s Testimony — Robert Ziegler
6. A Tale of Two Masters: Parents or the State — Which Does Your School Board Serve? — Karl Priest
7. Educational Monopoly — Neal McCluskey
8. Separation of School and State — Howard Phillips
9. Early American Education — Roger Schultz
10. A Firm Foundation: A Brief Survey of the Faith of America’s Founding Fathers — John Eidsmoe
11. Pavlov’s Child — Samuel Blumenfeld
12. The History of History Textbooks — Geoff Botkin
13. What Has Athens to Do with Jerusalem? — Douglas W. Phillips
14. The Co-Opting of Big Education by Big Business — John Taylor Gatto
15. When a Nation Forgets God: Authoritarianism and Government Schools — Erwin Lutzer
16. Where Are We Headed? Present-Day U.K.: A Snapshot of Our Future — Ken Ham
17. Let My Children Go — E. Ray Moore
18. Jurisdictional Boundaries: Who Is Responsible for the Education of Your Child? — Voddie Baucham, Jr.
19. The Second Mayflower — Kevin Swanson
20. Mind, Body, and Soul: Three Big Reasons to Homeschool — David and Kim d’Escoto
21. The Dog Ate My Lesson Plans: Common Excuses to Keep from Homeschooling — Israel Wayne
22. Evangelism in the Home — Scott Brown
23. The Goal of Education — R.C. Sproul, Jr.
Appendix A: Postscript to Teachers and Administrators — Bruce Shortt
Appendix B: The Invention of Adolescence — Otto Scott.
Appendix C: Resignation Letter — Mike Metarko
Appendix D: Resignation Letter and Letter to Parents —Sarah LaVerdiere
Appendix E: The Impossibility of Neutrality — Rousas John Rushdoony
Epilogue: Spread the Word— Richard A. Jones