Feminists tell women not to submit to a husband, to avoid having children, and that they should listen to their "inner voice" and chase a career to find true fulfillment. This twisted and irrational teaching has led to disaster for American women, leading many into a frustrating, isolated existence.
In The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women, an award-winning documentary by Colin Gunn, today's women are called back to a life filled with joy and beauty that can only be found by following God's Word.
This film takes its title from 16th-century reformer John Knox's famous tract, "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women." That tract was written to oppose a notorious European female tyrant who sought to stamp out biblical Christianity in Knox's beloved Scotland. Today, we must likewise apply Knox's biblical perspective against those who rule in the wake of his monstrous queen. That group of rulers, as Gunn's film reveals, far surpasses the queen's iniquities in both kind and degree.
This fascinating documentary features:
- Sharon Adams - Historian, Edinburgh University
- Jennie Chancey - Ladies Against Feminism
- Jane Doe - Military Cadet
- Carol Everett - Former Abortion Provider
- Dana Feliciano - Homemaker
- Carmon Friedrich - Writer, Buried Treasure Books
- F. Carolyn Graglia - Author, Domestic Tranquility
- Rosalind Marshall - John Knox Biographer
- Stacey McDonald - Author, Raising Maidens of Virtue
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Denise Sproul - Homemaker
- Kathleen Smith - Homemaker
The content in this documentary is mature and handled with sobriety, but audience discretion is advised as it includes images of aborted fetuses and discussion of Planned Parenthood agendas, including sexual activity.